April 10, 2009

Sakura mochi (Chomeiji mochi)

sakura mochi (chomeiji mochi)
sakura mochi (chomeiji mochi)
This is a Tokyo style sakura mochi.
Sakura means cherry blossom.
Sakura mochi is a Japanese traditional sweet.
It is pink dough and sweet red bean paste wrapped with sakura leaf.
We have two style of sakura mochi.
One is Tokyo style, and another is kansai area style.

In this time, I introduce you Tokyo style sakuramochi.
It is also called chomeiji mochi.
Sweet red bean paste is wrapped with fried dough and wrapped again with sakura leaf.
The dough is made from mochi rice flour, wheat flour, sugar, food red, and water.
The sakura leaf is pickled in salt, it has nice fragrance.

1 comment:

Gmirage said...

Anna (oishi yo foodblog) and I were talking about sweets earlier and I said id like to have some mochi, and here you go made from my fave flower too! Sakura!!! I never thought the leaf could be eaten...genius!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...